Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I had a thread a couple weeks back that my plastics company would be running some larger plastic panels that are identical to the Parkland panels everyone likes here.

The panels have a slight pattern "haircell" on one side and are smooth on the other. The panels are completely opaque white.

I'm running 20 panels that will be 76" X 136" X .060". I'm running them this big because I'm going to try a constant height setup at home, and this is the biggest I can go. When my projector gets delivered (finally) I will project onto this jumbo screen, then mask or trim down the screen to my optimum size. I'm taking one and another forum member has dibs on one. That leaves 18 screens up for grabs.

I can ship them as is, or we can fab them down to your desired dimensions here at our shop.

Price is $45.00 plus shipping. No charge for fabbing/sizing.

I always have 48 X 96 X .060 in stock, if anyone is interested. ($20.00)

Just respond to this thread or PM me. If anyone wants to talk to me, our number is 440-937-4142.

Note to mods: If this is against the rules, please let me know, and I will respond appropriately.

EDIT: These panels are white, but they can be painted with any latex paint.

Jeff Leonard

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffleonard
Last bump for this thread.

I have 5 left.
Jeff - I got your 4*8 sheet and it works great. Looking forward to that big sheet and custom sizing in a different room.

I tired of looking for the Parkland in the local Lowes and Home Depot. Can't comment on how it is different than Parkland because I haven't seen that; but this certainly works great for me and is easier than driving all over the place to find it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. Saw this thread raised from the dead!

Stephen, shoot me a PM with your zip code, and I'll get you an estimate.

I'm in cleveland, Ohio. I think the furthest I shipped the "jumbo screens" was Las vegas, and (I think) it was around $25. The 4x8's don't get into oversize charges, so I would guess $15 or so depending on your location.

Btw, if anyone is still interested, I do have a few of the big jumbos left. I ran some extras, and a few people that had dibs didn't pony up the dough.

PM me if interested!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I've been using mine for over a month. I mounted mine directly to the wall with Thumbtacks being very careful to get it fully flat and its been great

I use the haircell side towards the projector - Jeff noted some minor hot spotting with his and I understand he used it smooth side towards viewers. I didn't see hot spots on either side but just to be extra cautious used haircell side since I noticed no difference in the display quality with either side out

Someday I will have to get a mask and maybe mount it. I suppose I could have just painted my wall as it is but I am lazy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to hear it worked well for you.

Mine also works great, but I did put a coat of flat white paint on it. The non-textured side did give me a little hotspotting. After a coat of flat white, I am really happy with mine. I made mine a 54 X 127 2.35. (I gotta do some pictures, the cinema is all done)

I still have 4 or 5 left in the warehouse, if any late-comers want one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is the best way to mount one of these panels to the wall? Some sort of mirror hanging channel?

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rydad,

I roll up the panels when I ship them, and they go back to flat. The longer you keep it rolled, the longer you'll have to let it lay flat before hanging it. It should be fine.

Dave,

Check some of the Parkland DIY threads here for some mounting ideas. I personally just mounted mine directly onto the wall with fine thread drywall screws around the perimeter. Then I used casing to make a "picture-frame" that covered all my screws. Check my picture gallery for a look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.