AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how those of you with the the CUSTOMHT Introduction disc that purchased the $50 Announcer option like the disc?

Personally, I have both the DigitalForge and CustomHT demos and will probably order a selection from one of each.

CustomHT's Live Footage Disc

and

DigitalForge's Matrix Disc

· Registered
1,609 Posts
I've got the Flying DVD with a Custom announcer. It's proabaly one of the first they did with that voice. It certainly makes all the difference! :). I'm very happy with it.

The only thing I would want different next time is to make the voice stronger in the center channel. I usually have to crank mine up because the music tends to drown the voice otherwise.

Carey

· Registered
6,226 Posts
what exactly does the announcer say?

brickie

· Registered
1,609 Posts
In my case, just after the explosive ending and my theater name is displayed, he says "Welcome to the West End theater!" Right after that I show the "feature presentation" segment (with the rolling film reel and music) and at the end he says: "And now, the West End theater proudly presents our feature presentation!" And then the movie...

· Registered
415 Posts
Can someone give me some more info on this?? How do you have the feature presentation play right after that? You have to switch out the disks? Is anyone using this on a HTPC which will automatically roll the feature presentation?

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wumagic
Can someone give me some more info on this?? How do you have the feature presentation play right after that? You have to switch out the disks? Is anyone using this on a HTPC which will automatically roll the feature presentation?
The disc is set up as a regular DVD menu with chapters. These chapters can be skipped...say if you wished to skip the trivia and go right into the feature presentation. So yes, you could easily set up the disc as you would wish with your PC or DVD player.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
wumagic,

On one of my disks, the Intro repeats itself at the end with the "Feature Presentation" following. This is after all the Trivia is over with. I simply set the TheaterTek player to start at this second Intro so it only plays those two automatically.

But I think I know what you're really asking ;). The movie itself is cued up while I play the Intro. I have the CustomHT disk ripped to the root of my F: drive (in a video_ts folder). It is at one drive letter higher than the DVD drive E:. TheaterTek automatically plays from this drive when started, when it sees no DVD in the DVD drive. Pressing a button on the remote turns on power, starts TT, opens the curtain, dims the lights, etc. In the meantime, I place the movie disk in the open drive. At the end of the "Feature Presentation" sequence I hit Eject and Play on the remote which starts up the movie from Ch 1.

There is a long pause while TT finds the first chapter and starts playing (black screen), which I wish could be improved, but for me this is easier than using my backup STB player for the CustomHT disk and switching inputs over on the amp and projector at the right moment, while the DVD is waiting paused. However, this is an option I think many use.

· Registered
415 Posts
Carey P,

Thanks! You answered my question perfectly!! :) Something that I will definately look into when my theater is completel..

Thanks Again!

Wu-

· Registered
6,226 Posts
this all sound awesome..i used customht when they first started doing these..mine says welcome to our home theater,it's nice just not as personal.mine also was alot cheaper than what i see is being charged now...

as far as how i play mine,i use a htpc.with this you can just about do anything you want...i own a few intros and have them ripped to my hardrive, and use zoomplayer to play and combine the best efatures of each intro...all done seemless...maybe a 1-2 second black screen between switching..works out very nicely!!!!!

an example is...my first intro showed my name in theater lights and said "welcome to our home theater",then it went into playing trivia...it was okay but trivia wasn't random and got old...so after my "above intro" i then changed it to show a scene of a theater lobby going thru a concession stand,then into a theater where a a "cretron type" remote comes up then curtains open and countdown from 10 starts...then from there i can play a few trailers,or if kids are watching a movie then i usually play a few old cartoons(superman,popeye),etc...the effect is really awesome...i have animated popcorn concession ads,no littering ads..etc...all play when i choose!!!

brickie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.