AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm sure it has but its kind of specific and difficult to search for.

I've had comcast for years and am very tired of having to negotiate fair prices annually. So I am thinking about cutting it and trying something different for awhile. I'd keep internet and maybe basic cable, in order to keep the internet price fair, and also have basic TV in other rooms in the house.

I'm a little nervous though. Since Dish Network and DirecTV both have 2-year contracts, I want to be sure I make the right choice and not feel like I made a mistake down the road. It is so difficult to understand all of the details on their websites, hidden fees, taxes, etc. And their sales people are not exactly cooperative or willing to answer a lot of questions.

I want a DVR for sure, and HD service is debatable. HD appears to be only $10 for either company I think. And I'd probably pick the most basic package.

I am in Minnesota. Are there any service concerns during the extreme cold (can be -20F for a few weeks), heavy snow that stays for months, and some strong storms/winds in summer?

So in summary, since I'm a first time dish consumer, what should I be looking out for? And if you long time users were to do it all over, what would you be looking for.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I want a DVR for sure, and HD service is debatable. HD appears to be only $10 for either company I think. If you feed standard definition to a 46 inch plasma, which an earlier post indicated you have, you will be unhappy with any provider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts