AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Arrrrghhhhh....... This will facilitate my to get an A2 to upscale the EE versions of the SD DVD.

Dang nabbit!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It's not a double dip to me... I won't buy this version!

I understand the frustration. This does suck various moose and penguin appendages...BIG TIME.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well this is just what an insider said, and we knows how this goes sometimes. New line cinema themselves stated that they were going to release all kinds of extras, deleted scenes, etc.... in the HD version and make it superior to the extended release on dvds.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolintheRain /forum/post/0

yeah, it really sucks that they are giving it the 7.1 TRUEHD treatment
Some people are just never happy I guess.

Considering how the HDA1 analog output only allows for 5 speakers (even though I split the signal to do pseudo 7.1), I can't say I'm pleased with this announcement. I prefer getting the extended cuts, because they're better than the theatrical cuts, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Well, if you watch the EE versions the others just don't cut it anymore for me...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I will never buy the theatrical cuts of these films again. I'm hoping this is not authentic news regarding the EE cuts. They must know this will kill sales on an HD format. HD supporters are all enthusiasts and wouldn't waste their time on the shorter cuts.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J /forum/post/0

Yes they will-and they'll run over little old ladies to get them too.

J

Meh.. not me. Getting rid on my SD versions of the theatrical cuts already. I had planned on keeping the EE SD DVD sets - they are so pur-dy with their cool packaging.

I hope this is not true. Plus it makes no sense to drag out the EE release later when it is already out. For the DVD release I can see the delay - given they had edits to do etc... but those are all done now. Maybe they will release both in close succession?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'll watch my Ext. SD-DVDS for now.

...but I'm sure this treatment is nothing compared to the possibility of Star Wars in High Definition.

Fox/Lucasfilm will milk us (once again) various double/triple/quadruple dips.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bad decision by New Line. I will definitely wait for the extended versions.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I could not make it through the first one, I walked out, and did not bother with the next 2. What make the extended one so much better?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.