AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
I thought the sine wave is power conditioning, isn't it? It's sending clean power. If not please explain the difference.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I thought the sine wave is power conditioning, isn't it? It's sending clean power. If not please explain the difference.

CP claims this:

Overview
CyberPower PFC Sinewave UPS systems with line interactive topology offer guaranteed power protection for individual work areas, home networking hardware and devices, entertainment electronics, department servers, networking and telecommunications hardware, and equipment requiring Active PFC power source compatibility—including high-end audio/visual equipment. They provide sine wave output and correct minor power fluctuations without switching to battery. Features include a multifunction LCD panel, Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), energy-saving GreenPower UPS™ design, data line protection, and UPS management or monitoring software.

From a CP rep: "These units were created specifically for the needs of computer users with Active PFC power supplies. We put PFC in the model name to highlight the fact that these units are compatible with Active PFC Power Supplies."

I haven't tested their high end models, but these entry level consumer models don't regulate the voltage well at all and I seriously doubt they provide a true sine wave signal like an Exact Power or similar power conditioner. The devices that do provide true sine wave regulated outputs, costs thousands of dollars.

You can use it however you like, but if you are buying it expecting a big improvement because of the "sine wave" feature, I think you will be disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts