AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else watching the Tour of Ireland is on Versus? The racing has been pretty good, and the scenery as well. Not enough of either, though, with only an hour a day of coverage.

Be sure to watch on Sunday if you are a cycling fan. They are taking three runs up a 25% gradient. That ought to be fun.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Maybe someone will produce an interactive virtual-travel (VT) Blu-ray from the recordings. Was Googling for any VT Blu-rays for my new Sony PS3 Blu-ray machine recently and came across various DVDs covering areas of Ireland from a bike at ~15 mph--for exercise bike use. A good VT disc might let viewers select alternate road paths or call up historical/site info along the paths. -- John

·
23,032 Posts
I caught it. HD was very good. Although VS dropped the ball between commercials part way through and showed SD (at least Comcast where I live). Lance being there certainly helped the race. I wonder if VS would have carried it if Lance didn't race....?

larry

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that the SD must have been a Comcast problem. I didn't notice it on D*.

Speaking of D*, they need to get the carriage agreement for Versus renewed. It expires at the end of the month. If I can't get watch pro cycling next year, I'll switch back to Comcast. If Versus HD hadn't been available, I never would have switched in the first place. Of course, I switched for all of the extra HD, but without Versus it wouldn't have happened. I can't live without Le Tour and the Spring Classics.

I don't recall VS ever carrying this tour before, so it being Lance's last race of the year probably convinced them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts