AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its great that Shawn posted an estimated delivery schedule based on when you ordered/paid for a Panamorph. BUT.. many of us, including myself, don't have confirmation that we are actually ON the list. I've stated this before, and this bears repeating -- since my order and charging of my credit card, I've not heard anything regarding my specific purchase.

I've emailed Shawn twice to confirm I'm on the list -- the last email on 8/22/01 at 1:15 pm PDT. I haven't heard anything yet. I don't want to wait until my delivery date has passed just to find out there was some mix up in my order. How much in advance are confirmations for delivery sent -- ie. address changes, someone to be home to accept, etc...

Shawn -- what does it take to get a response?? or Panamorph?? Anyone??

Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
What is happening to those that had to return delivered Panamorphs due to Oil leaks? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would also like to know since I purchased from AVS in

July of 2000. By the way just posted at
http://www.visr.com/p752_shipping.htm

ORDER PERIOD SCHEDULED SHIPPING PERIOD STATUS

June - July 2000 Prior to August 31 78%

(awaiting glass

components)

------------------

Jim Nissen

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was supposed to get mine last week. I just got an e-mail from Cygnus saying that they ran out of parts and will resume shipping next week so the original schedule just slipped 2 weeks!

Sandy

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just how in the devil do you run out of parts for pre-orders? I could see it if you were caught up on your pre-orders, and then suddenly got a bunch of *new* orders, but that isn't the case here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even with my public post, its been 8 (eight) days since my last email to Shawn -- and NO acknowledgement of my order or ANY communications from him or his company. I understand he must be busy with all the manufacturing problems he's encountered, but that's NO excuse for the POOR customer service. I only asking for confirmation NOW on whether I'm on the "list". If Cygnus's record keeping is as "good" as their manufacturing experience -- I'm really worried that they've either lost the list on their computer or the pencil marks are starting to fade http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Has anyone from the $895 prebuy received any confirmation?

Shawn -- what gives??? I will never buy anything else from Cygnus or recommend Cygnus to anyone because of this poor customer service. I am not a happy camper and will become more outspoken the longer I am ignored..

Wayne

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was from the early $600 pre-buy from AVS and still no conformation.

------------------

Jim Nissen

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was suppose to recieve it in the third week of August. Well, at least I know I'm part of the 12% July Club.

Albert

[This message has been edited by Alberts (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Shawn is alive because he posted in a different thread that he will look at his email now. But he promised to reply to email (in two to three days) before, and broke that promise (at least to me). I really don't think Cygnus is going to make good on their panamorph obligations -- or in business. Responding to email from a paid up customer is much easier than producing the Panamorph -- but he hasn't delivered on either account..

Wayne

·
Registered
170 Posts
I feel the same, very poor response from them, the only thing I got was the question if I made the wiretransfer, and then after I replied with confirmation, nothing, no message from them anymore. They need money, as everyone does, but some sort of reply is not too much to ask for I think. At least, yes, ok we got your paiment, you are 78th on the list - or something like that.

Oh, an by the way does anyone think they have hundreds of orders? how can they run out of glass? They knew exactly how many preorders they have, don't they? And I don't think there are so many as they are on 76% and only a few people on the forum are having bragging rights until now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

And to all that there is the problem of nonlinear expansion.. I am getting a little less confident that this is what I was prepaying for.

[This message has been edited by J.F (edited 09-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was in the 2nd pre-buy, and am now getting worried about all these posts. Shawn, at least, should respond to each of us confirming our status...if not individually, then by a "list" on the forum stating who is in which pre-buy and the rough time period for order shipment. I don't even need it now, but this is not good business practice for those of us who essentially loaned Shawn the money to help develop a product.

Although AVS was not legally involved, we would all appreciate some pressure on Shawn as our advocate.

The only confirmation I've ever had was the $850 deduction shown on my Visa statement.

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with whatever higher rez DLP gets its act together (finally)with Panamorph or B stock/etc 9" CRT

·
Registered
203 Posts
It would be nice if everyone knew where their spot is in the line(e.g., 78 of 400 units). This way Shawn can just post the current production number on his website on a weekly basis, instead of 78% delivered in August pre-buy. I'm pre-bought in the first phase. I know that my unit should arrive before the September deliveries start. I suggest Shawn should go with the approach of giving everyone a spot number and just revise the webpage accordingly.

Some of the major contributors of this forum or irrate prebuy customer might have received their units earlier and nobody would be the wiser. I don't know this ever happened, but who am I. I'm just part of the 12% left for August delivery.

As far as Alan G. goes, He basically has wipe his hands clean of this pre-purchase and has asked everyone to deal with Cygnus directly. There were plenty of prebuy customers complaining prior to the inital production units going out before July.

I'm not sure about the glass issue, but there can be many reasons why they ran out. The quality delivered did not meet Shawn's standard, the glass manufacturer ran out of some parts to make the lens,etc., etc. Who really knows? Unfortunately, those waiting for their unit are the receiptant of the countless delays.

One thing is for sure these post will continue until all the prebuys are filled. I have no idea when that will happen, except I'm 13 months and waiting...

Albert

[This message has been edited by Alberts (edited 09-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Alberts (edited 09-01-2001).]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was gone all day and came home to two messages from Shawn. He has confirmed I'm on the list in the "prior to September 18th" shipment. I feel a little better and am cautiously optimistic that I may get this in my hand by the end of the month. Crossing my fingers..

I would hope others are now getting responses as well from Cygnus.

Wayne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.