AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! I have been trying to get my hands on a Cygnus IMX935-VTS lens for my Sanyo PLV-60 with no luck. I have tried wanted adds on the AVS Forum as well as Audiogon with no replies. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Try emailing Tim Knittel at VSR (seach on tkply). I think he sells them new. Otherwise, I've seen older models on Ebay or around here go for pretty cheap. Good luck.

Carey

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Scott B,

I have heard all sorts of review on the 735 ranging from "must have" to a "slight defocusing looks just as good"

Please provide as detailed success as you can for this product.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MrWiggles.

I have not had the opportunity to test an IMX lens with my PLV-60 yet. The reason why I am looking for one is not to reduce the screendoor effect (I don't find this noticeable from my primary seating positions), but to eliminate moire artifacts with a microperforated screen.

I am still trying to hunt down one of these lenses. I would like to get a used one because I do not want to have to deal with VSR.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott B
MrWiggles.

I am still trying to hunt down one of these lenses. I would like to get a used one because I do not want to have to deal with VSR.
Oh I know that feeling.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dave,

What is your overall opinion of the IMX and its impact on screendoor? Specifically, how much closer can you get with the lens (Example, 2.0x width before lens, 1.0x after), any effects on pq (focus, color, contrast), etc. Also, what projector are you using?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I had a chance to see an IMX with the Sony 10HT some time back and to compare the "before" and "after." My sense was that, if 2.0x width was required for no screen door without the IMX, the IMX would allow you to get as close as 1.5x width. 1.0x width I think would be pushing it. The IMX had no effect that I could see on picture quality, other than significantly reducing screen door. In fact, when I had a PLV-60, I wanted to get an IMX to use with it. Unfortunately, because of the legendary customer service and business acumen of Cygnus, I eventually gave up on getting one and returned the PLV-60 while it was within my trial period. But if you can manage to lay your hands on one, I think it would be a good investment for the PLV-60. Just bear in mind that it does take some fiddling to adjust the IMX so you eliminate screen door uniformly across the image.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Scott perhaps email Jason at AVS and see if they can get you one. Dealing with AVS at least may take away your fear of non delivery. Of course I do not know if AVS can sell you one but they have sold the Panamorphs just recently. Even Don Stewart swears by the IMX for eliminating (lessoning) the moire on perf screens.

DavidW

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David,

I will give Jason a call, if I find that I have a problem with moire artifacts with the microperforated screen that I will be getting in the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.