AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! I have been trying to get my hands on a Cygnus IMX935-VTS lens for my Sanyo PLV-60 with no luck. I have tried wanted adds on the AVS Forum as well as Audiogon with no replies. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I too was interested, but didn't want to pay $895 for one. One member here said he found one on Ebay for a little over $100.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am unwilling to pay list price for a lens which is specific to my projector given that the chances are good that I will switch projectors in another year or so. I also do not wish to deal with CYGNUS. I am, however, still actively trying to track down a used lens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Use caution purchasing a used Cygnus lens. Most likely, a used one will not be the IMX935-VTS. It will probably be an older model, like the IMX910-VTS.

I found one of these lenses on Ebay, and ended up returning it. I could never quite get it adjusted so that the ghosting was removed. Conclusion: I was able to achieve better results with a slight defocus than with the IMX lens. However, since I am not an IMX lense expert, I have no way of knowing if the lense I received was damaged.

Another thought: if you pick up a used lens for $100, Cygnus has an upgrade program allowing you to get the newest lense for an extra $300. If you have $400 burning a hole in your pocket, then it's not a bad deal for a $900 lens.

///CA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.