AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to write down the address for the Cygnus factory in Farmington Hills. Anybody have it? Who's going today?

Kirk

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Hicup!! What a wing ding! I'd have to say that I thought that the security team and parking attendants were a bit over the top for five cars, and 7 bucks for parking was a tad steep, but the open bar and dancers made it all worthwhile... oops, that was the other gathering I went to.

Anyway, the Emperor does indeed have clothes, and they are very nice at that! There were only four AVS members that made the show and I'm sure that they are probably typing their comments in as I do. Rob (RGB) took several pictures and will be posting some of those I'm sure. Thankfully he saved the group photo for last because his camera promptly broke! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

For anyone that may have been thinking about getting an IMX lens that is also getting, or contemplating, a Panamorph - forget it. You definitely won't need it. I was amazed at the reduction in screen door, yet there was an overall significant improvement in the picture.

VT540 owners (like me) will be happy to know that the design of the unit is such that the vent on the VT540 directly below/above the lens will vent nearly unobstructed below the P752.

We saw an assembled unit and parts to make lots more. Shipments should commence this coming week. The whatchamacallit machines were busy in the back as we viewed movies, and computer games. I brought F1 2000 to see what effect the 33% vertical squeeze would have. I'd have to say that I think I like it since the screen will be wider than would an equal height 4:3 - and thus more immersive. The effect this will have on my driving won't be known until I get mine and install it. I don't think that it will be an issue.

I have to go now, but wanted to make some comment about the event for those waiting. I'll post more later after others have had a chance to share. The Panamorph is for real. It is almost on our doorsteps. You will love this thing when you get yours. Sorry, we failed to sneak one out.

My thanks to Shawn and his team for having this pre-release gathering. It was also nice meeting some of the other members of this fine forum and some of Shawn's staff.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.