AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lincoln just got its locals thru D* yesterday. How long does it usually take (from previous experiences of you D*Replay users out there) for the Replay software to be updated to identify locals over satellite? Don't want to put the cart before the horse...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Depends, sometimes it will show up before you can actually get the channels. However, with DirecTV locals, you'll need to go back into the setup menu and choose something like "DirecTV Lincoln" instead of just "DirecTV." You might also change your Zip code to something close that might have the same channels.

If neither of those work, call up ReplayTV and request the change.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried the "Setup" routine looking for "DirecTv with Locals" last night. Only had "Dish with Locals":(

I sent off an email to Replay this morning. Haven't even received a "we got your message" response:mad:

I do so miss Enterprise and would like to have it for next week...

(Please don't turn this thread into a "Enterprise sux" arena. I have to make my wife happy and give her her Star Trek fix.)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Enterprise sux NOT!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
In the past, Replay has been VERY poor in responding to emails. Suck it up and spend a little bit on the long distance call.

And you don't nessasarily need to miss recording Enterprise. Play around with the manual record option. You can record any channel you want, whether it be on your channel guide or not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've thought about the manual record. Heck, that's what I do now with HD.

And long distance is out of the question. I already pay Alltel enough the way it is for local calls. I don't do enough long distance to be on a plan so if I call Replay, well... there goes the $4 to pay for the D* locals.

Can't use WiRNS - Macaddict...

I'll be patient, I was just curious what other users had encoutered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.