AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some expert advice. I've read alot about the different HD offerings, and need to make a tough decision. Cable HD is out of the question here (local provider), so it is between DirecTV and Dish Network.

Should I go with D* because of its better lineup of channels (network HD feeds for primetime, etc.) or E* because of its better PQ (from all I can tell on the forums D* doesn't give true HD but something you guys call HD-lite)?

Which is the true advantage?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
You wont get D* network feeds unless you live in the right city. Put your city up before anybody can really help you.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
You're talking about a moving target. Both on channel lineups and PQ. There are so many other variables as well, some would include personal preferences and equipment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar
You wont get D* network feeds unless you live in the right city. Put your city up before anybody can really help you.
Ha, you wouldn't even be able to find where I live on a map. Not because of you, but because I live in rural Alabama. The market that I live in is such that D* offers all four major networks' (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) HD feeds. The Birmingham stations are also O&O by the national companies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls
You're talking about a moving target. Both on channel lineups and PQ. There are so many other variables as well, some would include personal preferences and equipment.
I own the Sanyo HT32744. I want HD DVR, but I'm on a budget. I want to get off my current cable because of crappy picture and it is just as expensive as D* and E*.

Would I be able to tell a difference in PQ from D* to E* on HD programming?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by general487
I own the Sanyo HT32744. I want HD DVR, but I'm on a budget. I want to get off my current cable because of crappy picture and it is just as expensive as D* and E*.

Would I be able to tell a difference in PQ from D* to E* on HD programming?
I wouldn't think so on that set. But like I said, there are a lot of variables involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.