AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about contacting Dish to try to get some HD broadcasts for my G15 (CBS isn't going to be OTA in Austin until next summer).

My concern is that for DVDs I'm using a HTPC that's set to use the bottom 1360x768 of the panels, and that's where my screen is placed. If I get HD content from the Dish receiver, will I be able to move it such that its 16x9 picture is also using just the bottom of the panel (either with the basic projector menus or Dilard)?

The only non-HTPC thing I've had hooked up to the projector was a DVD player via S-Video, and in 16x9 mode I didn't seem to be able to move the picture from the center of the panels to the top or bottom. I don't want to get all the Dish stuff hooked up and ready to go, and be unable to get it displaying on my screen. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Chris,

If you're not planning on using the Panamorph, you'll be able to do what you want.

You should be able to do the same for the Dish as you do for DVDs via HTPC. You'll be using Comp. 2 for the Dish, right? You should be able to simply use the "Position" adjustment via the G15.

You'll be using 768 of the 1024 available pixel lines. With the Pannie however, there is no more adjustment available as you'd be using all 1024 lines, so if you want to change the image height, you'd have to tilt or move the Pj/Pannie.

Does that make sense? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chris

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Dilard will do it!

Larry

------------------

DFAST is EVIL! BOYCOTT ANTI-CONSUMER 5C/DVI/HDCP MANUFACTURERS!

Fight the DMCA it's anti first amendment

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I had a similar question (as it is one way to get around dead pixels) and my dealer told me that there is nothing in the G-15 menu that allows you to do this, and that you need some type of software, such as Dilard, to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.