AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Dukane 9000 D-ila projector that is less than a year old with only 44 hours on the bulb. The projector will not come on. The lamp flashes about 4 to 5 times like it's trying to come on, then goes back into standby mode. After I replaced the power supply the Dukane people suspect the lamp, but of course it's not under any warranty. So, my question is, has anyone had this kind of problem with these expensive lamps? Thanks for any information.

Dan

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
did you buy it new? I guess not if it's not under Warranty. Dukane useally has a very good warrant etc.

Just because it says 44 hours doesn't mean it is.

You may have to find someone to look at it that can/will give you some answers. Hopefully they wont make you grab your ankle$.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tryg

I purchased this unit from a member of this forum that lives in Canada. He had purchased it in Jan 2001. It had 35 hours on it when I purchased it in May. I've put 9 hours on it since I've owned it. The projector is under a 5 year warranty, but not the lamp. I was hoping not to have to send it into Dukane. Another thing about buying from someone in Canada, I had to pay Duty ($240).

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had one go out at 144 hours on a 5 1/2 month old G11. JVC tech told me it sounded like a power supply problem. He stated it would be unusual for a bulb to go that quickly and had me send the unit in for repair. Sure enough, it turned out to be the bulb. Luckily for me, JVC covered the bulb for 6 months or 600 hours. Been running great ever since. Over 300 hours on the new bulb (and hoping for another 1000 or so)

I guess I'll have to start posting more often. This is about the 4th time I've had to re-register

Chuck Fritsch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.