AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of someone who can do calibrations for a JVC-G15U in the Atlanta area? I'd rather not have to send the unit off.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bruce,

Not sure if they do D-ILA but you should call the guys over at Ga. Home Theater on Cobb Parkway. They do have an ISF certified guy there and perhaps he does D-ILA by now.

FYI, I just ordered a D-ILA (G-15) for a client from a local distributor in Marietta and it's being calibrated I believe in NC.

Later,

Tony / Premier Audio Video

(down on the southside) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tony,

Any chance you could get the info on who your client is using in NC?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Belmore, just curious to know if you've tried the guys on Cobb Parkway?

I have not done business with them in several years but I know that they have been in the business for a long time. I bought my first laserdisc player from them in 1989. The last time I visited their showroom, they were remodeling and installing many various theater set-ups.

I'm thinking about stopping by.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

NEC XG-8"CRT PJ, HTPC, HDTV and loving it! The Torre Home Theater

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tony - Premier Audio Video

Please tell me where your store is. I'd like to come in and talk to you. I'm in PTC.

Tx.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torre,

I bet you're referring to Laser Disc Enterprises. I think they've changed their name, but I can't remember what it is. If anyone knows, please post it and I'll give them a call.

Of course, I'm a little hesitant to use just "anyone" to calibrate my D-ILA projector. I've gotten the impression that a good deal of experience/knowledge is required to do it right. I'd prefer to hear of a calibrator that someone here has actually used and can recommend their work. How about it Georgians?

·
Registered
113 Posts
"Georgia Home Theater" is the name of the former "Laser Disc Enterprises." FYI: they are closed Sat. but open on Sun.

Good Luck.

------------------

-Mike

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Mike is correct.

As for their qualifications, you'll have to find out for yourself. I know that they are fairly knowledgeable, have lots of demo rooms to look at and they do send their staff to be trained.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

NEC XG-8"CRT PJ, HTPC, HDTV and loving it! The Torre Home Theater

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.