AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One other unusual thing I'm seeing on my D-ILA projector is that, with certain backgrounds (the solid green one in particular), the text from the internal menus exhibits 'ghost' images to the right (about half a character-width).

I dont believe I see the phenominon on actual images, just the internal menus. And only against certain colors.

Anyone else familiar with this? Is this a tracking/phase issue?

Thanks,

Andy K.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Andy,

It sounds like a pixel alignment issue. There is wizard in Dilard that is the only way to correct it. Although if it is really half a pixel, then that is as close as you are going to get. Basically you have three panels. You can shift the image on any panel one full pixel in any direction.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (on its way)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Andy,

If it were from an external source and not the menu, I'd suggest cabling. Internal menus, though ? I have no idea.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (on its way)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi David,

thanks for the feedback. I agree it doesnt affect the picture as far as I can tell, I'm just trying to identify any potential defects so I can get them fixed now before I send the projector off for calibration.

Thanks,

Andy K.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have the same thing in blue. Flipping the image in the options menu, flips the ghost to the other side. Pixel alignment is perfect. This ghost is 8 pixels away. The scroll bars, clock and other features of the win98desktop make it stand out. It really irks me that i now have this double vision.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Andy,

Are you saying that you don't see the dark ghosting on other colors? Your image looks pretty close to what I see on my G11. Hmmmm...I'll look again.

Chris

·
Registered
918 Posts
For what it's worth, I also have the ghosting on the internal images. I'm fairly certain that images do not

have this problem.

------------------

JVC G1000 DILA

Stewart Greyhawk

Sony: SAT-B3, DTC-100,STR-DA777ES Receiver

Toshiba: SD-3109 DVD

Proscan 27" TV

B&W: DM601, CC6, DS6B, 800ASW speakers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.