AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooking up an RCA High Definition sattelite receiver (DTC100) to a D-ILA G15. When hooking up to computer 1 input the video flickers in out and out and turns green. Computer 2 hook up seems to work fine. Any idea what could cause this to happen. Are you even supposed to hook up high def signal to computer 1 input?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Richard: Only Computer 2 and the component inputs are able to accept HDTV. Since the RCA DTC 100 outputs RGB/hv, computer 2 is the correct input.

Regards:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Actually the VGA input (computer 1) is RGBHV also. I do seem to remember computer 2 having more flexibilty though, I just can't think of what right now. I think it was more related to using an HTPC though.

I too, have my DTC100 attached through computer 1. Most of the time the sync is just fine, but around here I have problems with OTA channel 50 (ABC). I keep having to adjust the pixel clock to keep sync with the projector. But it's only on that channel, so I've always assumed it was somehow related to the broadcast. I run the DTC100 in hi-def all the time, and have never seen a problem on any other analog-OTA-Satellite channel.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my problem is intermitent. I do not pull in over the air channels. I watch HDNET and HBO. Seems to work most of the time through computer 1. Interesting enough--within the menu you cannot choose HDTV 2 (1080i) when in computer 1. When choosing auto it defaults to Mac13. I receive a high def picture but the image flickers in and out sometimes. There are other times when I can watch an entire show without issue. When I do change channels the image does change green for a moment and then comes in clear. When I hook up the Echostar High def reciever through computer 2 the image always flickers in and out.

Again none of these problems come up when using computer 1

The only reason I want to hook up both is, as you can probably figure, my two dish system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.