AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be looking to buy a Panasonic D-ila projector with no remote. Does anyone know how much the remote costs? Are there any sources besides JVC that might be cheaper? Would anyone recommend a third-party learning remote, or would I still need the original remote in order to program it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And if I go back to demo this projector again, can I use the projector's own control panel to access everything? When I tried before, I could hardly find anything, not the hour counter, the different resolution modes, etc.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you get Dilard, you can do most (maybe all) everything through that. That said, I have Dilard, and I still liked having a remote, before mine went missing. So, I'm in the same boat as you - looking for a new one.

Anyone know where to get a replacement, and what they cost?

Calling JVC is like entering a black hole, so if anyone has an alternate source, or a contact # at JVC, that would be nice...

- Dave

·
Registered
826 Posts
Why don't you try getting a Philips Pronto or some other remote of that type.

Do a search on this forum for PRONTO CCF DILA and see what's out there.

Remember that even if the Panasonic purchase falls through, you will still be able to use the remote with the rest of your equipment.

Andrew.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the JVC G11 U and use the Pronto Tsu 2000 remote. I like it. The pronto is a programmed or learning remote with touchscreen. The issue with this type of remote is if you like the touch screen style or prefer the buttons. The Pronto is a real cool piece. Requires programming. However the Pronto edit software is easy to use and the remotecentral.com web site has all kinds of ccf files you can download. One of the main reasons why I went with the Pronto remote was the touch screen and the macro ability. With the G11 it does almost everything. The only thing I cannot get to work is turning on the projector with the macro function. It wont work. The projector power on command requires you to hold the power on button down for a short wave of time. So far I have not been able to duplicate this with the Pronto. With that said, I would give the Pronto 2 thumbs up. Cool remote with good features that are customizable and easy to use.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I've got a brand new G11U remote. It's never been used.

The only problem I would have selling just the remote is that someday I might upgrade to a G15, and I'm not sure that the future owner of the G11 would be too happy that it must be operated without a remote!

"But this projector comes with Dilard...you don't need a remote" doesn't really fly with everyone http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.