AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using search to try to find the list of 2007 locals to be broadcast in MPEG4 by D* (and more importantly WHEN they will come on line) but can't find it.

Can someone please hook me up with a link?

I'm using the SEARCH feature but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't think it exists and for sure no exact dates are ever given. D* only announces the next round but without specific dates.

·
Registered
802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel2000 /forum/post/0

I'm using search to try to find the list of 2007 locals to be broadcast in MPEG4 by D* (and more importantly WHEN they will come on line) but can't find it.

Can someone please hook me up with a link?

I'm using the SEARCH feature but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

I think this is likely the most current list. Except for the CONUS feeds, all locals are mpeg4 AFAIK.

file://localhost/Users/april/Desktop/HDmarketlist.htm

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This is that last list announced by D* (Oct. 06) without specific dates. of the list only Mobile, Des Moines, Norfolk, Flint, Portland, Reno, Springfield, Toledo, Little Rock and Madison have not been added yet.

The 25 local markets to receive HD programming from DIRECTV include:

-- Albuquerque, N.M. -- Mobile, Ala.

-- Buffalo, N.Y. -- New Orleans

-- Des Moines, Iowa -- Norfolk, Va.

-- Flint, Mich. -- Oklahoma City, Okla.

-- Ft. Meyers, Fla. -- Portland, Me.

-- Grand Rapids, Mich. -- Providence, R.I.

-- Green Bay, Wisc. -- Reno, Nev.

-- Greensboro, N.C. -- Santa Barbara, Calif.

-- Greenville, S.C. -- Spokane, Wa.

-- Harrisburg, Pa. -- Springfield, Mo.

-- Jacksonville, Fla. -- Toledo, Ohio

-- Little Rock, Ark. -- Tulsa, Okla.

-- Madison, Wisc.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Since Knoxville is the 60th largest DMA you would think this year but nothing is for sure.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah, I've been waiting for Norfolk to come online...I could be wrong, but I believe we are largest market to not have our LIL. I believe we are the lower 40's.

We're also the largest market w/out a major sports team...and we're not going to get anything anytime soon

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
They said in the press releases for the D10 and D11 launches that the delay of D11 to early next year due to the SeaLaunch issue was going to push most HD LIL additions out until after D11 launches. I think they will keep adding a market here and there (they just added Fort Myers in the past week or so) but much beyond that is probably going to be first half of 2008 I'd guess.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker /forum/post/0

This is that last list announced by D* (Oct. 06) without specific dates. of the list only Mobile, Des Moines, Norfolk, Flint, Portland, Reno, Springfield, Toledo, Little Rock and Madison have not been added yet.

I assure you that Reno, Portland (ME), and Madison were added on 10/25/06.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLV /forum/post/0

I assure you that Reno, Portland (ME), and Madison were added on 10/25/06.

You are correct. Don't know how I missed them.

·
Registered
17,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 /forum/post/0

They said in the press releases for the D10 and D11 launches that the delay of D11 to early next year due to the SeaLaunch issue was going to push most HD LIL additions out until after D11 launches. I think they will keep adding a market here and there (they just added Fort Myers in the past week or so) but much beyond that is probably going to be first half of 2008 I'd guess.

That's odd, since the birds that will be used for LIL are already up there. The birds that have not yet been launched are for National offerings.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoetz97 /forum/post/0

Yeah, I've been waiting for Norfolk to come online...I could be wrong, but I believe we are largest market to not have our LIL. I believe we are the lower 40's.

We're also the largest market w/out a major sports team...and we're not going to get anything anytime soon

Not too sure about that last stat. Hartford-New Haven CT (DMA #28) hasn't had a professional sports team in any of the major 4 sports since the Hartford Whalers (now Carolina Hurricanes) left town. Problem for us is that the market is saturated between NY and Boston team coverage, which actually works out if you're a fan of one of these teams. But we do have 3 of the major 4 MPEG4 local net's from D*

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV /forum/post/0

That's odd, since the birds that will be used for LIL are already up there. The birds that have not yet been launched are for National offerings.

The new birds have spot beams as well. I believe 500 of the 1500 local HD channels are to come from D10 and D11.

My guess is that they are just hedging their bets in case of an accident.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHDinCT /forum/post/0

Not too sure about that last stat. Hartford-New Haven CT (DMA #28) hasn't had a professional sports team in any of the major 4 sports since the Hartford Whalers (now Carolina Hurricanes) left town. Problem for us is that the market is saturated between NY and Boston team coverage, which actually works out if you're a fan of one of these teams. But we do have 3 of the major 4 MPEG4 local net's from D*

I stand corrected...we're #42.

I won't harp on the fact that you had the Whalers and lost 'em

We've never had a team to lose yet....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts