AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help a friend get his 5040 up and I'm having a problem setting up the router. If anyone who has this router (2.4Ghz wireless D-Link DI-624) can help out I'd appreciate it. If there's one thing I'm clueless about, it's networking.

The configuration menu is completely different from my Belkin router, so I'm not sure how to set it up. I've successfully connected to the servers, but I still can't get IVS to work.

There's a screen called 'virtual server' that I've set as follows:

Name- replytv

Private IP- 192.168.1.101 (replay's IP)

Protocol Type- TCP

Private Port - 40000 (I'm not sure if this is supposed to be 80?)

Public Port - 40000 (same thing, this is the inbound port I set up on the replay)

Schedule- always

The other screen is called special application and is set up like this:

Name- replaytv

Trigger Port - 80 (this could be wrong, should it be 40000 instead?)

-

Trigger Type - TCP

Public Port - 80 (this could be wrong, should it be 40000 instead?)

Public Type - TCP

This is all I've changed in the router settings. If someone can look over this mess and help me out I'd appreciate it. TIA

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chain777
I'm trying to help a friend get his 5040 up and I'm having a problem setting up the router. If anyone who has this router (2.4Ghz wireless Belkin DI-624) can help out I'd appreciate it. If there's one thing I'm clueless about, it's networking.

The configuration menu is completely different from my Belkin router, so I'm not sure how to set it up. I've successfully connected to the servers, but I still can't get IVS to work.

There's a screen called 'virtual server' that I've set as follows:

Name- replytv

Private IP- 192.168.1.101 (replay's IP)

Protocol Type- TCP

Private Port - 40000 (I'm not sure if this is supposed to be 80?)

Public Port - 40000 (same thing, this is the inbound port I set up on the replay)

Schedule- always
I think you mean DLink DI-624, not Belkin. In any case, the above is correct. Delete any other rule you created, including the "special application" one in your original post. Do not put the ReplayTV in the DMZ and do not forward port 80 to it.

Once you remove the incorrect rules, reboot the ReplayTV and try the test again. If you still have problems, please see this guide . If you have problems even after that, please post the results of all the tests outlined in the troubleshooting section of the guide.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replay j.m. I edited my post to reflect the D-Link change. My head is literally spinning after spending the better part of today setting everything up for my friend who will soon be adding another 5xxx to the poopli database. DVA and everything else went smooth, just this IVS problem.

I deleted the special application page, and rebooted everything. I just set this replay up, and verified myreplaytv is working at the website. The unit is now showing myreplaytv as enabled. It still won't pass the IVS test, but I can send a show. I sent one to my unit at home, but I'm 30 miles away right now so I can't check it out yet. Do I have to wait longer for things to start working at myreplaytv? I'm heading home in a few, and will try to diagnose it from there, but if there's something else I could try here, let me know.

Thanks again for the help.

(I'm going over the troubleshooting guide right now)

update: I just went over the troubleshooting steps. I get the following on

the first 2 tests:

link

and this for the next tests:

link

and this for the IVS test:

link

sorry if the links don't work. Here's the IVS test:

Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00004-54831-32678.

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is 67.175.207.141

The Port for your ReplayTV is 40000

Unable to contact ReplayTV unit.

500 Can't connect to 67.175.207.141:40000 (connect: timeout)

Check your port forwarding settings.

The IP that shows up on the IVS test is completely different from the one in the replay menu. (67.175.207.141 vs. 192.168.1.101 in the replay menu) Is this normal? I've tried both, but still can't pass the test.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it working. Thanks again j.m.

· Registered
8,144 Posts
The beauty of this, eh? On my first pass I never even thought to try "virtual server" it took a call to tech support (great if you can find the number... 888 45-DLINK for those that ever need it).

Once you get it set up go to the tools area and save a copy of your settings to his computer, this is helpful if the thing ever goes bonkers. I have backups, but I still enter everything by hand like a dumb a$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.