AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get the message from DirecTV last night in a black box in the lower part of the screen, all channels:

"URGENT: Replace your access card immediately"

I have a legal card in an RCA DTC-100 receiver and have used PPV 3 times at most and they have already appeared on my bill. Was this a signal from D* in preparation for the new 4th generation access card I should be receiving soon?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The new access has been issued for almost a month already, but in batches. Although you shouldn't be getting the message until DTV has already sent you a new card. I think they sent you one already but got lost in the mail. I should give them a call.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was no message tonight (and all day). The EC at D* said the batch I'm in (for new cards) hasn't been mailed yet. Last night's message must've been a fluke.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ron, my DTC100 behaved identically to yours two nights ago. I also noted periodic loss of sound (3-5 sec. duration) about every 10 minutes on Starz! last night. The second symptom is not new to me, since it generally coincides with ECM activity by DirecTV against the signal thieves. I do not know for certain, but I'm suspicious that our shared experience with the "false alarm" regarding the new access card might somehow be interrelated as a new twist on the theme "collateral damage from friendly fire".

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ray H,

Agreed. Probably minor annoyance due to D* ECM activity. I'll post again here if I see it again, or something similar. The EC couldn't give me a date when my batch of cards would get mailed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.