AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess the other thread got locked. I had a 5080 for about a week and to me it looked like in some scenes there wasn't enought detail in dark areas on the image. I then sold that tv to a relative that owns a bar and went and got the 58" panasonic 700u just to see if there was anymore detail in dark areas and I wanted a 58" to 60" screen after reliezing the 50 was to small. Needless to say the Panny had way more unacceptable things about the picture then the one thing I didn't like about the 5080. So I went to BB to see the 6010 and the 150 and to me the 150 looked noticably better. I'm just wanting your advice since you clearly seem to know both these sets more so then anyone else I caould ask. What exactly are the differences between these two sets in general and in your opinion are these differences worth the extra 1K retail?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My .02,

They are your eyes and your eyes can tell you what looks better to you. Does the 150 look $1,000 better than 6010? Does the 10" matter to you?

D-Nice is probably a very smart man, but they aren't his eyes, and its not his wallet.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The 150 has a LAN jack, and some other features (calibration and longer warranty) than the 6010 lacks. That LAN jack, with my network, made it what I wanted and worth far more, as it more future-proof. Picture-wise the two sets are damn close, but feature wise, the Elites have it. To me that's worth the $1,000 difference.

YMMV and you have decide for yourself.

·
Registered
18,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivisionbyZero /forum/post/12951741

My .02,

They are your eyes and your eyes can tell you what looks better to you. Does the 150 look $1,000 better than 6010? Does the 10" matter to you?

D-Nice is probably a very smart man, but they aren't his eyes, and its not his wallet.

Bingo. I cannot help in anyone's purchasing decisions. The differences between the two are all over the plasma forum. You will have to decide if it's worth the money.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmesch /forum/post/12951808

The 150 has a LAN jack, and some other features (calibration and longer warranty) than the 6010 lacks. That LAN jack, with my network, made it what I wanted and worth far more, as it more future-proof. Picture-wise the two sets are damn close, but feature wise, the Elites have it. To me that's worth the $1,000 difference.

YMMV and you have decide for yourself.

what's the LAN jack used for?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/12952275

To stream movies, pitcures, and audio from your PC.

And, from your networked PCs.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:

So how would the LAN connection differ from the PC connection? In what situation would the LAN be used if you already have your computer conected to the TV through the PC connection?

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:

At what bandwidth? Is it a Cat6a version? AFAIK the specifications for those are still being worked on.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankite /forum/post/12951421

D-Nice D-nice D-nice!!!

Not his royal highness but... one feature that really separates the 150 from the 6010 is the 'Elite' version supports the "Pure" picture A/V selection, which IMO provides the most realistic image I have seen for any PDP.

All of the major review sites (e.g. HDTVexpert, UltimateAVmag, CNET) agree.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alethius /forum/post/12953525

At what bandwidth? Is it a Cat6a version? AFAIK the specifications for those are still being worked on.

Bandwith of the TV LAN input is 10/100, it is not Gigabit, but a Cat 6 cable will work anyway.

I have read the PC input just plays still images. I get mine Friday, so I can play around with both.

·
Super Moderator
21,437 Posts
Glad to see everyone getting along

Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.