AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else in the NYC area is noticing the NYC locals freezing/pixelating? Transponder 10 for at least 2,4 and 7 IIRC. SS on both of my dishes is 95.......but I'm getting freezing/pixelation etc on the 2 receivers I checked.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yep been having the same problem for the past week. Channel 7 is so bad on one of my receivers that I have to move to the next channel and then back again or cold reset to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wward
Yep been having the same problem for the past week. Channel 7 is so bad on one of my receivers that I have to move to the next channel and then back again or cold reset to fix the problem.
Do you notice it in the AM or all day/various times during the day? I noticed it that one morning when I posted the message. My wife says she has no problems during the day and we see no problems at night.

Odd.

And Channel 39 *seems* to be a Spanish channel. No specific guide information on screen though.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The problem may be related to the cold temps in the NJ/NY areas. I have been having nothing but problems every evening when the temps go below 20 degrees.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Quiring
The problem may be related to the cold temps in the NJ/NY areas. I have been having nothing but problems every evening when the temps go below 20 degrees.
I thought about that. But it was just that one morning as far as I can tell. No problems any other AM's when I was watching. Just guess no one else on the "boards" was awake early enough to see what I saw :mad:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jaypb
Do you notice it in the AM or all day/various times during the day? I noticed it that one morning when I posted the message. My wife says she has no problems during the day and we see no problems at night.

Odd.

And Channel 39 *seems* to be a Spanish channel. No specific guide information on screen though.
It can happen at various times during the day. I have also noticed that when the temp is very low that the multiswitch will freak out when I am trying to view channels on the 110 or 119.

I will get the searching for sat signal message usually if I switch back and forth from 101 to one of the other sats the problem will clear up.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wward
It can happen at various times during the day. I have also noticed that when the temp is very low that the multiswitch will freak out when I am trying to view channels on the 110 or 119.

I will get the searching for sat signal message usually if I switch back and forth from 101 to one of the other sats the problem will clear up.
I haven't encountered the "S for S" message yet so far in this MISERABLE January. I have had some odd issues with BOTH of my E86's but I've confirmed that it's a HW/D* problem and NOT my STB's (asked some Questions over on the HW forum).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought it was just me that was having this problem, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Is it the cold weather that's causing this?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by inkspoof
I thought it was just me that was having this problem, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Is it the cold weather that's causing this?
I called Terk and they admitted their dish is sensitive to temps below 20 degrees. They have fixed the problem and are shipping me the new parts for free. I just have to mail back the old parts in 30 days to avoid any charges.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will DirecTV take care of this if I call them? I just had my dish installed last month. Anyone try?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by inkspoof
Will DirecTV take care of this if I call them? I just had my dish installed last month. Anyone try?
If you bought the hardware directly from them I would say yes. If you bought the hardware from someone else I would say no, as I tried calling DirecTV first and they were only willing to sell me a new dish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.