AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have bought that recorder and I made a dvd with avi files to read on the machine. Problem is this, it will not read right. When I press play nothing hapens for at least 5 minutes and when it starts, well the images are not fluide, and the soud is offset.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Need more info...do you mean that you made a data disc with avi files on it on your pc, and you're trying to play it in a set top dvd recorder? And this Toshiba won't play the disc?

Is this Tosh compatible with (playing) data discs? Not all recorders are...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Very few recorders can play back PC-oriented video files. At most, you may be able to play data discs with DiVX files on them, but even there you run into limitations (some recorders will only play DiVX files from their intended region, i.e. most USA-NTSC recorders will not play DiVX files made from PAL sources). I have never heard of a recorder that can play back raw .avi files- that would be amazing. If you need to play many kinds of PC-type video files, get a dedicated DVD player like one of the Phillips models: they play almost anything. Recorders are limited to "normal" VOB/MPEG2 playback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.