AVS Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2161 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well. I jumped around A LOT trying to decide on a Class D amp...nearly pulled the trigger on a Hypex 3 channel setup. But after finding a little more room in my budget, I decided to get the D-Sonic M3a-1200, but paying a little extra for Dennis to put it in a smaller sized case.

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Well. I jumped around A LOT trying to decide on a Class D amp...nearly pulled the trigger on a Hypex 3 channel setup. But after finding a little more room in my budget, I decided to get the D-Sonic M3a-1200, but paying a little extra for Dennis to put it in a smaller sized case.

Man. I’m considering the same thing right now, with an extra channel. It’d be an M3a-1600.

Can you post pics when you get it?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Man. I’m considering the same thing right now, with an extra channel. It’d be an M3a-1600.

Can you post pics when you get it?

So mine is also going to be a 4ch model, not 3, since the MPRO-2 Pascal module Dennis uses is 2ch each. He said why not wire up all four channels for no extra cost. Makes sense. He also said there is no sonic or performance difference between the MPRO and XPRO. Looking at the specs this seems about right. Just waiting for him to send the invoice.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So mine is also going to be a 4ch model, not 3, since the MPRO-2 Pascal module Dennis uses is 2ch each. He said why not wire up all four channels for no extra cost. Makes sense. He also said there is no sonic or performance difference between the MPRO and XPRO. Looking at the specs this seems about right. Just waiting for him to send the invoice.

Is he using the new case (eg, see post 2058 for a pic)?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
In our emails, I originally asked if it was possible to get the standard 3 channel model (M3a-1200-3) in a chassis with a smaller overall height. He responded saying "I can put that configuration into my new chassis which is based on my stereo model, much smaller". So it may be the new case?

·
Registered
596 Posts
In our emails, I originally asked if it was possible to get the standard 3 channel model (M3a-1200-3) in a chassis with a smaller overall height. He responded saying "I can put that configuration into my new chassis which is based on my stereo model, much smaller". So it may be the new case?

Sounds like it.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I am paying about $500 more then if I went with the Hypex Ncore 3 channel solution I wanted, and on par with the price of a Purifi 1ET400 3 channel setup. However, in the end it just makes sense to go with Dennis as he is based in the US and his amps do command a much better resale value as they age.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Does anyone have any specific details/information about what is different between the M Pro and X Pro series modules from Pascal? I don't want to bug Dennis too much.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Does anyone have any specific details/information about what is different between the M Pro and X Pro series modules from Pascal? I don't want to bug Dennis too much.

Here's a start. I've not reviewed in detailed, but looks like the MPRO is 2 channel at equal wattage, whereas the XPRO is 1, 2, or 3 channels (2500, 2500+800, 2500+800+800). MPRO is a bit smaller, as well.

https://www.pascal-audio.com/products/

Reactions: Jonas2

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Here's a start. I've not reviewed in detailed, but looks like the MPRO is 2 channel at equal wattage, whereas the XPRO is 1, 2, or 3 channels (2500, 2500+800, 2500+800+800). MPRO is a bit smaller, as well.

https://www.pascal-audio.com/products/

How does Dennis get the watt per channel specs he advertises using the XPRO modules? For instance, if you look at the M3a mono's, one is 800w and one is 1500w. But none of there is no single channel XPRO module with those power ratings.

Just curious as it has confused me a little.

·
Registered
596 Posts
How does Dennis get the watt per channel specs he advertises using the XPRO modules? For instance, if you look at the M3a mono's, one is 800w and one is 1500w. But none of there is no single channel XPRO module with those power ratings.

Just curious as it has confused me a little.

I think the Pascal site is showing the 4 ohm wattage. Dennis's website looks like it is using the 8 ohm wattage.

https://d-sonic.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/D-Sonic-Data-Sheet.pdf

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I think the Pascal site is showing the 4 ohm wattage. Dennis's website looks like it is using the 8 ohm wattage.

https://d-sonic.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/D-Sonic-Data-Sheet.pdf

Yea, but even when comparing 8ohm to 8ohm I'm still lost. The XPRO1 does 1500w @ 8ohm, while the XPRO2 does 1500w+800w...his mono amps are advertised @ 800w or 1500w. I would see no reason he would use the XPRO2 in a mono to get the 800w spec. Not questioning his advertising, just wondering what is implemented to achieve these specs. Or does he also use other brands/modules?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yea, but even when comparing 8ohm to 8ohm I'm still lost. The XPRO1 does 1500w @ 8ohm, while the XPRO2 does 1500w+800w...his mono amps are advertised @ 800w or 1500w. I would see no reason he would use the XPRO2 in a mono to get the 800w spec. Not questioning his advertising, just wondering what is implemented to achieve these specs. Or does he also use other brands/modules?

I agree - doesn't make sense to use the XPRO2 for a mono @ 800W.

I don't know if he uses other brands. Or maybe custom XPRO1?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am paying about $500 more then if I went with the Hypex Ncore 3 channel solution I wanted, and on par with the price of a Purifi 1ET400 3 channel setup. However, in the end it just makes sense to go with Dennis as he is based in the US and his amps do command a much better resale value as they age.
While its always prudent to include resale into the value assessment, my guess is that you won't be parting with your new amp anytime soon. I've had my D-Sonic amp for 7 years and were it not for a couple of upgrades, it may as well be glued to my rack.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,148 Posts
Did someone imply differently?

In the below you referred to only one brand, but obviously you know he carries Hypex; my bad.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I actually didn't know he carries Hypex. When did that happen? I thought he only used Pascal and at one point Anaview (and obviously ICE years ago).

I was under the same impression. From my perspective, it would make more sense to buy from one supplier as pricing would likely be better.

2101 - 2120 of 2161 Posts