AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been a D* sub for about 8 years now (monthly+previous Sunday Ticket), and am still using the old original Hughes HIRD E-1 STB. I will not be going HD for another year or so, but would like to upgrade my STB for ease of use with my HTPC and Home Theatre system.

If I pick up one of the new D10's from someplace like Sears or Best Buy, will it read my current access card or do I have to contact D* and request a new one?

If they had more HD content I would definately consider the annual commitment for the HD package. TIA.

Silvertip

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
When you buy them new at a retailer, they come with a new access card....You can also just order a new one from D* for about $50 last I checked, in fact that will get you a Tivo currently. Current subscibers can upgrade or replace 1 regular reciever(non-Tivo) in a 365 day period for free...I just checked online.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Guess I will start looking around. I might even :eek: look on (shudder) e-bay. I don't know why, but I just hate shopping on that place. :confused:

Silvertip

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Maybe you misunderstood my post. Call D*, or order it online at their website. A new receiver is free with shipping(cost to you of $14.95), why would you bother looking around for another source? Unless you sepcifically want some exact make model of reciever, go direct to the source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.