AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first projector, a Dell 2300 (Hey, I've only been on this forum since August 2001). I need to locate the projector 15 to 20 feet from my amplifier and DVD machine. The D-Sub to YPbPr cable SEEMS like the best set-up and it would APPEAR that I could extend the 1.8 m cable by adding a 25 foot SVGA male/Female cable.

Am I making this too simple or overlooking any pitfals?

TIA, Jim

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have a 25' triple shielded VGA cable from my PC to my projector. For my DVD player I use a component breakout cable with the three RCA jacks on one end and the VGA male on the other. It comes in 25' lenths as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ian.

It just SEEMED too simple.

Jim

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER

So far, so good with the projector performance.

Last night Sluri PM'd me and asked how I liked the projector and also made me aware of a REALLY GENEROUS COUPON -

I did some research this morning and found said coupon number F78TNNG4RV5SDM and presented it to Dell and, bottom line, they gave me a credit return of another (net) $200. off an already generously discounted deal.

Thnks to Sluri for the "heads-up" and props to Dell for keeping the customer happy service.

BTW: The coupon EXPIRES TODAY 10/20. The net price is the best I've seen and this iseems to be a really nice projector at a GREAT price.

Be well, Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.