AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I know this probably shouldn't be here but I figured I should post it here and in th HDTV forum since my question is related to boath.

Been looking into buying a Nintendo GameCube and would like to connect it to my computer monitor (since I don't have a HDTV!). There are available modded VGA cables that allow you to use the consoles digital port to connect it directly to a PC monitor.

However there is an official cable from Nintendo called a D-Terminal cable. It looks like an VGA cable to me but I've reading something about it being similar but not identical to a VGA cabel. It's supposed to compatible with a D terminal TV.

Now, can anyone tell if this D-terminal will be compatible with my PC monitor??

EDIT: Not sure if this will help but here is the descripton of it on ign.com:

The D Terminal cable is similar but not identical to the VGA cables used for PC monitors and digital televisions in the US. GameCube owners with a compatible D Terminal TV will be able to input a 480p progressive scan signal, which offers a picture with more density and clarity.

Link: http://cube.ign.com/articles/096/096569p1.html

·
Registered
923 Posts
Its actually a Japanese variant on the component cable. Doesn't have any pins like a VGA connector, just a ridge in the middle with traces on it, kinda like the connector on old Nintendo cartridges. I've actually held one in my hand (just days after the Japanese GC launch) and was horribly upset that what had seemed like a VGA cable all those months prior to launch simply wasn't. Like Alex said, though, you can use one to make a VGA cable or you can buy them ready made (a lot of trouble either way).

Kensai

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.