AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read where several of you use a Samsung SIR-T165 to convert your IEEE1394 (D-Theater) into DVI. Is there other models/devices that will accomplish the same thing?

Reason: My JVC HM-DH30000U has a slight green tint in the picture when using the analog (YPbPr) video outs and is softer than the DVI. Playback via a MyHD MDP-120 with DVI is perfect (non D-Theater). FWIW: There are no adjustments for the analog video levels (YPbPr) on the JVC HM-DH30000U.

· Registered
23,182 Posts
I've switched from using a T165 to a LG LST-3410A. My T165 expands video levels to PC levels and crushes the whites. The LST-3410A doesn't have this problem as you can choose PC or video levels out. It is quite a bit more money, but also an OTR DVR. You can also record certain things (not D-Theater) from tape to the hard drive. There is is thread here about this device.

--Darin

· Registered
19 Posts
Wendell,

You have to have an HDCP compliant display to view D-Theater tapes from the Samsung via DVI. Recorded DVHS tapes work fine, crushed blacks notwithstanding. You could use the component outputs from the Samsung as an alternative.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.