AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in morton illinois and am expecting locals on 10/23- 10/26.I was told today by installation tech at my home for a service call that D* will swap samsung 360 for new lg stb and add another dish for me to receive locals. Sounds too good to be true as I have been sending samsungs back and forth for a month now in hope of getting anything but a sammy! Supposedly sammy will not be compatible with software and second dish and he said this is only happening in illinois.I know D* has launched locals in springfield , champaign and decatur this week. I wonder if anyone has gotten new lg box from D* or is this just another rumor?

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
For new cities getting their locals on the 72.5° bird, a 2nd dish is required and certain boxes will not work. There is a list of incompatible boxes that will have to be replaced on another forum. Some Samsungs are in the list.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was having HD audio/video sync issues with my Samsung TS360 as well as horrible video "jumping" and "blipping" during Hu$tle on ESPN-HD and all commercials on ESPN-HD. I called D* and they sent me a LG 3200A to replace it. The manufacture date on the 3200 is December 2003, so it's not as new as the 360 was, but to this point, I don't have any of the problems I had with the 360.

I am in an area that's getting locals from the new satellite before the year is out. Maybe that's why they gave me the 3200, or maybe they've gone back to LG for everyone.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I had a Samsung that had been deactivated for a while and when I tried to reactivate it, they couldn't get it working again. They initially send me a new access card but when I called to check on the shipping status of the access card, immediately forwarded me to level 2 support to arrange for a STB swap. The new on is an LG.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
What if I'm not in one of the new local station markets, but I do want to be able to get the Vietnamese channel? Am I entitled to a swap if my receiver is not one of those listed as compatible with 72.5? I already have an oval dish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by s2silber
What if I'm not in one of the new local station markets, but I do want to be able to get the Vietnamese channel? Am I entitled to a swap if my receiver is not one of those listed as compatible with 72.5? I already have an oval dish.
I would think you'd be eligible, as I believe the tech reqs for the 95 sat are the same as for the 72.5. Oval dish won't work by itself; a second old fashioned single LNB dish is needed to point at either 72.5 or 95. Additional/replacement multiswitching required. Check out SolidSignal dot com. They are selling the appropriate multiswitches and have wiring diagrams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.