AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry...haven't been here in awhile...upgraded to Premium Package and now discovered I no longer have access to Palladia, HDNet Movies, etc. Online its a separate package???? Are they kidding me?

When was this changed or did I somehow have it previously and just didn't know it?

If this is true, I guess I'll have to call "retention" once again and negotiate...boy, they make this frustrating....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
It's been that way for quite a long while. Some people say that you can order it on line for 3 months for free and then do it again 3 months later, etc. I just pay the 5 bucks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The channels in the HD Extra Pack are HD channels that have never had an SD equivalent - they were brand new channels only broadcast in HD. So, in that sense, Directv charges "extra" for them. YMMV.

I expect that one day, eventually, this kind of nomenclature should be dispensable since ALL channels will be in HD and should just be known as TV channels again.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 /forum/post/20832158

It's been that way for quite a long while. Some people say that you can order it on line for 3 months for free and then do it again 3 months later, etc. I just pay the 5 bucks.

yes, you can do that

·
Banned
432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perilous /forum/post/0

Sorry...haven't been here in awhile...upgraded to Premium Package and now discovered I no longer have access to Palladia, HDNet Movies, etc. Online its a separate package???? Are they kidding me?

When was this changed or did I somehow have it previously and just didn't know it?

If this is true, I guess I'll have to call "retention" once again and negotiate...boy, they make this frustrating....

The HD Extra Pack is included in the Premier package.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 /forum/post/20832656

The HD Extra Pack is included in the Premier package.

No it is not. The HD Extra pack is a seperate package that is not included in Premier. It is available for $5/month.

Most people can add it online for free for 3 months. After those 3 months are up you can cancel it online, and then sometimes it will be available for free for 3 months again. You just keep dropping it and adding it back every 3 months and you keep getting it for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.