AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before but I will ask anyway, is there a D-VHS deck out there that has video outputs other than firewire such as component or DVI?

I have a Hitachi 57X500 that has DVI and component video inputs only.

Comcast is my HD provider, my STB is the Moto6208 which has the firewire output which i could use to the D-VHS deck. Additionally, my receiver is a Denon 3805 which has 3 component video inputs and Denon Link.

I would very much like to archive some of my HD recordings from the Moto6208 and have the ability to replay that material in HD.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Sure, the JVC and Marantz decks. The Mits is the only series that doesn't. The JVC 30k and 40k have fireiwre and component, the 5u has firewire, component, and HDMI that can be converted to DVI if you have an HDCP compliant device (which you do).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks madpoet. I will look into these units. I will probably reserve my one DVI input in the 57X500 for my STB and use component out from the D-VHS for the HD replay.

On the HDMI to DVI conversion, is this accomplished by way of a cable?

For example, a HDMI to DVI cable made by Monster? Its nice to know my set is HDCP compliant (whatever that means). All I know is I love the thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Drifty
On the HDMI to DVI conversion, is this accomplished by way of a cable?

For example, a HDMI to DVI cable made by Monster? Its nice to know my set is HDCP compliant (whatever that means). All I know is I love the thing.

Thanks
The Monster cable with HDMI on one end and DVI connection on the other end will work fine. Cheaper cables will also work just as well. HDCP is a form of HDTV copy protection and without compliance, you can see down conversion of content.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.