AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I was wondering if it is possible to take my setup 1 step further and transfer my D-VHS recordings and store them permanently to my PC's hard drive. The tape medium is good but it doesnt last forever and I was looking for something more permanent. Also, can I transfer from the PC back to a D-VHS tape as well?

Secondly - if it is possible what do I need and how do I connect everything? I am currently using 169time with avx1 to do the recordings.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok - I downloaded DVHS Tool and got everything hooked up last night. I was able to create a folder and restore some of a tape to the hard drive. It created 3 or 4 different files in the folder numbered in sequential order. I don't really understand why it broke it up into several files, but anyway I tried to click on the first file and select archive but it just locked up. I was hoping it would put the data back on the tape. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
You can select the file size that DVHSTool creates. I use 142MB since it roughtly equates to 1 minute chunks and it is easier for editing later on.

To restore it back to your DVHS deck, you should just have copy the files into the que and hit record.

Marc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.