AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When playing 1:2.35 aspect DVDs (or any other aspect for that matter) the zoom button doesn't do anything. Am I missing something here. I'm outputting 720p via DVI to a Z2.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the D1 and an L300U, and for 1:2.35 DVD when I press the zoom button it just fills the screen from top to bottom with small cutoff and fills the edges with some cutoff. Press zoom again and it goes to a zoom 2 setting, then a zoom 3 & a zoom 4 setting. This is over DVI at 720p with the L300U timings for wide 768.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this work for any DVD? I know this may sound strange but I recall this working for me only once, the Bad Boys II DVD. But it hasn't worked since. Most recently I tried Gladiator. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have Z2 and D1. When I zoom a 1:2.35 image, it fills my 16:9 screen. So far I like this mode for most widescreen dvds.

However, I am only able to connect via DVI at 480p. When I select 720p, the Z2 can't sync (it flashes on momentarily). Can you tell me what settings you are using to get 720p? Did you have to do any custom firmware settings for the D1? Thx.

·
Registered
390 Posts
z06

It doesn't work that way. Resolution formats have to do with the native resolution of the display. If your display is designed for 480p (852 x 480) you have room to play with zoom features. Standard 480p dvd is 600 x 480. If you have the dvd player set at 852 x 480 then you will not be able to use the zoom function. Why??? Because the internal scaler of the display already thinks it's receiving the proper native resolution. Some 480p displays will down sample 720p and 1080i to fit the screen. In this case you still will not be able to use the zoom function because the display has converted the signal to it's native resolution.

My suggestion is to drop the video resolution to 480p if you want to use the zoom feature. If your 16:9 video display already has a built in zoom feature then I suggest you use the display over the Bravo.

Alan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alan,

Would you have any idea why my D1 DVI 480p output into my Optoma H55 is projected off center (stretched) rightward, with the right 33% of the image cropped off? 4:3 material is also projected to the right of a 16:9 screen. 720p, 1080i, and custom 1024 x 768 are perfectly centered. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
390 Posts
Rob

The setting is not done properly in the software. I have the exact same problem with all the D1's I have worked on.

Alan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by zO6
I also have Z2 and D1. When I zoom a 1:2.35 image, it fills my 16:9 screen. So far I like this mode for most widescreen dvds.

However, I am only able to connect via DVI at 480p. When I select 720p, the Z2 can't sync (it flashes on momentarily). Can you tell me what settings you are using to get 720p? Did you have to do any custom firmware settings for the D1? Thx.
z06, nothing special in my settings:

D1: output set to DVI 720p

Z2: input 2 set to HDCP

·
Registered
17 Posts
YoYoMa,

Thanks for confirming my settings. Turns out that the problem was my cable--changed it last night and 720p connection worked beautifully.

I tried 3 discs and in each case the zoom button on the D1 also worked in 720p mode to fill (or very close) the 16:9 screen. Same issue as others with need to reselect after ffwd, etc. Also, occasionally resets to no zoom by itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.