AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[EDIT] I have posted in the DVD forum as well but most people there with the D2 or V880 have projectors. I figured maybe this forum was a better way to go since it involves the 506UY, a display a whole lotta people in this forum have...[EDIT]

I have searched all over the forum (yes, in the DVD board as well) and have not been able to find the info I need. I have a Bravo D2 hooked up via DVI to a Panny PHD506UY. The picture is great at 1080i upconvert, but I'd like to try 1:1 pixel mapping by setting a custom resolution. Both the D2 and the V880 use the exact same settings so if anyone is using either of these units, I would welcome the input.

I can get a picture by using the following settings:

Horiz Freq 48360 VertFreq 6000

Video Width 1366 Video Height 0768

HSyncTotal 1784 PreHSync 0056

HSyncActive 0144 PostHSync 0216

VSyncTotal 0803 PreVSync 0001

VSyncActive 0011 PostVSync 0023

HSyncPol 0000 VSyncPol 0000

This is an altered version of some settings I found elsewhere on the board. I changed the HFreq and the VFreq to what is listed in the Panny user manual for that resolution. I get a picture, but it is shifted left and the right side remainder is scrambled. I'm assuming the other ten settings control this and could fix it but I don't know how to calculate them (or even what they are).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I promise to bump this only once...

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction as to what the remaining settings mean in regard to the Panny? I don't mind figuring this out myself, I just need a point of reference.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.