AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was testing out my Sony D50Q with an XBOX recently, using the component video ouput. It seems to work fine when I output 1080i, but when I output 480p or 720p I get horrible scrolling on the picture and the projector says "NO INPUT". I'm not sure what setting I need to change, any idea why it would sync to 1080i and not 480p or 720p?

·
Registered
41 Posts
D50 will not offically accept 480P. To get it to work, you need to set the input to component HDTV, and set the sync to external. The projector needs to go to to the input you have the X-box plugged into (IE Input A) WITHOUT having the xbox on. Turn the Xbox on. It should work. The projector should run fine with 720P, but if you selected 480P first and then just switched to 720P, it probably won't sync.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It took me a little while to figure out how to get my D50 to sync on 480p signals too. What AVDG describes is correct, set it to HDTV with external sync and make sure the projector is on that input before the xbox starts up.

You can get it to re-sync by unplugging the component cables, waiting a moment, and then re-connecting them.

In my setup I have an RGB switcher that I put all my component sources through. It makes it much easier to get the unit to sync (especially if I want to switch back and forth to my PC without having to reboot the xbox) since all I need to do is put the switcher on an unused slot for a moment and then switch it back to the xbox.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kris, you have a system for switching between component video and RGBHV (ie. a computer) video? Please elaborate =).

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have an 8-way rgb switch connected to the A input. It connects my xbox, PS2 and progressive scan DVD player. They are component video sources and only use three of the five bnc connectors on the switch. The other five inputs just lay dormant for now, waiting for an HDTV receiver, digital cable, gamecube, or whatever.

I've also got an IFB-11 card as my input B, which is connected to my htpc.

If I want to use one of the devices on the A input, I go into the set setting menu and select hdtv for the dvd or xbox and component for the ps2. Set the switch to an unused input, tell the projector to go to input A, and then set the switch on the device I want to use - syncs up fine right away every time.

If I then want to go back to the pc or whatever I do have to put the switch on an unused input for a moment when going back to the A input. Its a little bit of a pain, but certainly better than having to reboot stuff.

I got my switch a couple years ago on ebay when I had a projector that only had RBG inputs. Its got pretty high video bandwidth, and I've not been able to detect any artifacts or signal degridation for the component signals I'm running through it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.