AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set to get 45TX but now due to budget constraints considering the D912. I don't have a high end set up. Right now I have old Yamaha Pro Logic so feel like i need the upgrade. My system is CP72 DVD, Infocus X1 projector, laserdisc and HDcable. My speakers are PSB Alphas.

I really like the look of 45TX but unfortunately that can't be my only decision making factor. With my kind of setup, would the D912 be good for my setup? I'm not a big audio guy.. it's all about home theater for me. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
622 Posts
those are two very different receivers. although there has been a lot of comparisons between the two, there are always really big sonic differences between a 45lb unit and one that weighs 22lbs. The 912 is intended to be a mass market unit. Go listen to one if you can. When I purchased a new receiver last year I compared the 45TX to the sony 4ES, the two I was really interested in my price range. I ended up with Sony because it was cheaper price, and it had a few more tweaking options that I liked, and 2 multi-channel inputs that I needed. The 45TX certainly held its own, and I liked the MCACC and remote very much.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I agree, these are probably 2 different receivers. The 45TX is at least double, if not triple the price.

I'd say, if you have the money, get the 45TX. If you don't have the money, get the 912. :)

Or do like loopy did and get the 4es. I just ordered one yesterday. I think you can get them for less than $600 shipped online.

Aaron

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hope this does not turn into another 4es fanatic post. For those of you who purchased the 4es, I hope you are happy with it, now quit wasting other peoples time by trying to continually justify your purchase. More specifically REXCARSON...stay away!

In respect to the two Pioneer receivers. You will find that both have some very beneficial features. It will be up to you to decide which features are most important to you. I can say that the 45tx has a very good amplification stage. It would be a good compliment to you PSBs. The 912 has some very nice features and a stripped down version of the famous MCACC.

You need to see if you can in-home compare the two receivers with your particular setup. You may find that the 912 offers everything you desire from an A/V receiver. However, you might also decide that the 45tx's superior amplification will help you get the best bang out of the speakers you already own.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
For your setup either would be fine, the 912 seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper, last time I searched for it on ebay, you could get one shipped for a $309 or less. It seems like it is a very good bang for yer buck receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.