AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'll be getting the Pani AX100 here in the next week or so. I'll also be getting a screen to go with it. I'm leaning towards the Cinema Vision but not sure if I should go with the High Contrast or not? My viewing will be about 50/50 movies and TV. Ambient light is very controllable, but I do want to host the annual SB and NCAA tournies at my house. Can't be in the dark with the boyz!

Looking for your thoughts if the HC is needed or not!

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am in the exact same boat, so hopefully somebody can speak up. My configuration is the same as yours. I spoke with someone at Da-Lite, and they were steering me for the HC version. Also, while reading are review for the AX-100U on the Projector Reviews sites, they mentioned the Cinema Vision HC as a good choice (or compromise, in their case, as they preferred a much more expensive screen). What sort of prices have you come across for this screen? Just curious. I have found $467 shipped for the Perm-Wall version.

·
Registered
21,987 Posts
I own both, with the HCCV being my main screen and a wide cinemascope CV screen. I personally like the blacks and overall look better on the HCCV material. In fact, I've ordered a bigger HCCV screen for my new theater. Video looks much better with some low lighting on too with the HCCV material.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd choose the HCCV! I think you will get a resonalbe image for the few sports parties you host witht he lighting up. But I would want the best image for the other 360 days in the year. Critical watching will be more enjoyable with the HCCV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.