AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the CSR (Controlled Screen Return) feature in the manual-pull Model C worth the extra few hundred dollars?

Does it help avoid screen wrinkles and waviness, or is it just a convenience feature?

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gardner /forum/post/0

Is the CSR (Controlled Screen Return) feature in the manual-pull Model C worth the extra few hundred dollars?

Does it help avoid screen wrinkles and waviness, or is it just a convenience feature?

My first model C was a manual. It stayed down 99.9% of the time. It thought it was because I didn't like the hassle of getting it up manually.

So my second model C is a CSR. It would go up every night after I am through watching, Right? Wrong. It still stays down 99.9% of the time except when I want to test if the CSR thing still works!

Moral of the story is: I am a lazy dude! (or I wasted some money on things I don't use? - I am so confused!
)

PS. I think next time I will get an electric to see if it gets any better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am considering getting a Da-Lite manual as well. What exactly does CSR do?

According to the Da-Lite website

"The CSR system ensures the quiet controlled return of the screen into the case providing optimal performance and smooth, consistent operation."

I think I will save the money if that's all it does.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensai /forum/post/0

I am considering getting a Da-Lite manual as well. What exactly does CSR do?

In a manual return, you have to hold the screen and keep on a downward force to slow down the speed of screen return. Otherwise you will damage the screen.

In a CSR, you would jerk the screen down (as normal) to start the return but then you can release you grip. The screen will go up in a controlled speed on its own. It is useful to prevent accidental slip of your grip. It is particularly useful when you have children who might be careless in returning the screen to the case.

It is nice to whatch the screen goes up the first few days. If you don't have children, it is more of a personal gratification than being practical.

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
I'd recommend the CSR unless you plan on leaving it down most of the time like river. The manual version can be a little tricky to retract at times and keep the pressure applied. If you don't keep pressure on the screen while raising it will lock at different positions going up. It takes some customers a little getting used to do it and find it a little frustrating. The CSR is a breeze and worth the extra $ if you plan on keeping the screen a while.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.