AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i'm already planning to buy a tensioned screen 106" hdtv at projectorpeople..but first i'd like to know if its a good combination? will i get a good quality? hope someone could help me..thanks so much!

·
Registered
555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertang /forum/post/0

hi! i'm already planning to buy a tensioned screen 106" hdtv at projectorpeople..but first i'd like to know if its a good combination? will i get a good quality? hope someone could help me..thanks so much!

Good screens for specific projectors are a myth. All screens largely do the same thing. They do a linear reflection of light which means they can not do anything to change the light such as increase contrast.

They can increase the gain or reflect at different angles with different gains

That is just about all they can do. They are not designed for specific projectors. People please get over it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/0

The environment you will be viewing would be the primary factor on the type of screen material to use. We would need more info to give a better recommendation.

the room will be dark and the light can be controlled...actually i might change the projector screen from high contrast cinema vision to cinema vision which has a higher gain at 1.3. co'z i think ae1000 still need some brightness when they are 100"..thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.