AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16:9 ratio 65" tall Da-Lite matte white screen which is to be used with a D-ILA projector. By the many threads I've read the gray type screen, like the commercially available "GrayHawk", is best for aiding black levels. So my question is there any way of either tinting or painting my white screen gray in such a way as to not ruin the screen. Seems like it is feasible, even desirable-but risky. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've been wondering about the same thing in a different way...does any one know what happens if one paints the backside of a roll-down screen with a thin coat of let's say greyish paint...let it dry and then flip the screen around to use the opposit side when the projector/room environment changes? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

- Balance Between

- Quality & Price!

------------------

Editor of the AVS Skyworth FAQ and Official Panasonic RP91 Firmware Upgrade Request from OWNERS pages.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I painted a pull down screen for the halibut. the front was a 60 X 80 da mat..I painted a 45 X 80 gray screen on the back of it and just reversed it...works fine..just don;t get it too gray..

regards,

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the back,of course, sounds like a safe way to do it and, as mentioned, gives double duty sort of speak. Now what kind of paint is my next question? Does anyone know the type to adhere best and the color that is most similar to the finish of the GrayHawk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.