Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I am trying to decide between two Da-lite Model B screens, both with the Video-Spectra fabric. One is 72" by 96", and the other is just a bit smaller at 69" by 92". Is there another difference, other than just the size?

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the 69 X 92 model B in Video-Spectra. As far as I know size is the only difference with the 72 X 96.

I like the 1.5 gain. My only problem with it is that it's not entirely flat near the bottom corners, and this is sometimes noticable in bright scenes. I suppose this is equally a tendancy for both sizes.

Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick -

Thanks for the reply. The sales rep at www.francisav.com said the same thing...size is the only difference. But he could not explain why the smaller one actually cost more!

Is it possible that the border is more substantial on the 69" by 92"? How big is your border, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what is the actual size of the viewable screen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks in advance, Rick. What is the "drop"? I am not sure what that means. Does that mean that when the screen is completely unfurled there is six inch section of non-screen material at the top?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got an answer from Da-Lite:

The Screens indicated below

are the same degree of thickness and both have borders. The difference lies in those

borders. The 72" x 96" is an overall dimension. This will come with borders on the sides

but no borders on the top and bottom. The Overall dimension will remain 72" x 96".

The 69" x 92" is formatted to a video format. This is a viewing area. This screen will

have 2" borders on all four sides. This will make your overall dimension at 73" x 96".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.