AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this screen and it arrived last week. It's 92" diagonal for HDTV. Still waiting on my Panny AE-300 projector. This is my first front projection system and I was shocked to see how large the perforated holes were on the screen. I tried to search for this exact model and all I can find is non-perforated model B's or audio vision line. The box and manual simple state that it's a Model B w/CSR, #33840. Anyone else have this? I'm a bit concerned that the holes may be too large even though we will be sitting 12-18 feet from the screen. Hopefully, the smooth screen technology on the Panny will help.

I have six matching Dahlquist speakers and the center is directly behind the screen so I must have perforated.

Thanks, Donnie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

I e-mailed Da-Lite today and hope for a reply. The screen has appx 2500 perforations/square foot. Much less than the 30,000/square foot claimed by Stewart Microperf.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Da-Lite responded that I simply have a perforated model B which is not made for home theater use but for screens at least 9' tall, not sure why they made this one. Da-Lite audiovision screens have 15,120 holes per/square foot where mine has appx 2,500.

Up the creek now, wife is not happy. I must have perf due to where the center channel is mounted and only option is an electric screen which is appx $1000 more.

If only there was a way to secure a fabric to this screen and still have the capability to roll up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.