AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I dont have any experience on the Model C (I did have a B), but the only difference between the B and C is the size of the casing. The C is used for bigger screens. The fabric and the experience would be independent of using either B or C

·
Registered
610 Posts
Have a MODEL C 119 diag58x104. Sanyo PLC-XW15 projector

Not top end but for the money I spent it's great.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have the Model C 58X104 HiPower (using a Sanyo PLV-60). No CSR. Unfortunately, the stops are about every 15 inches. Not every 3 or 4 inches which I would prefer. No wrinkles. A very good value. Don't buy from anyone until you call Jason from AVS. Great response, great service and a price I don't think anyone can beat!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with the above post... I have the model C same size and dimensions as the 2 guys above except with Matte White.

Wrinkles are to be expected with any pull down, but tolerable until you get a fixed or tensioned screen in the future.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jinhopark
Wrinkles are to be expected with any pull down
While this is true, some materials handle them better than others. I have a couple of Hi-Power screens and they do very well with the wrinkles. I used my new portable last night and had noticed that it wasn't flat. I didn't notice when using it, though. It think it has something to do with the retro-reflective surface. My new gray HCMW shows all the wrinkles on bright screens.

--Darin

·
Registered
761 Posts
i have a 133" model "C" and it is pretty heavy duty stuff. the can is bigger AND the roller is bigger. I have a Hi-Power so it is a backed material and there are no problems with wrinkles on a backed screen to speak of. one hint,... order it with a black painted can (very nice for only about $20 more).

·
Registered
257 Posts
bltizkrieg:

I am considering the same screen, but i have a low celing - only 7 ft. Can you tell me what total vertical measurement is for this unit, meaning when the screen is down, what is measurement from top of can to bottom of lower screen?

Thanks.

Rich B.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the 104 sized model C as well, matte white. The wrinkles are starting to bother me, though I know I got what I paid for. In any case, the screen is definitely my next upgrade, since I don't see the point of shelling out for a nice projector and staring at wrinkles on both sides and subtle track in the middle where some wheel or pawl catches the screen every 6 inches. Got it from Jason, great service.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a Model C, with a Proxima DX3.

No wrinkles, and very pleased with the screen. Had it for about 5 years now.

I believe mine is a 4x3 about 120" diagonal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.