AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Da-lite Model C manual pull down screen that is probably 15 or so years old at this point... Other than some slight ripples it got when I moved across the country, its been fine... but recently its started making noises after being pulled down or put back up. When put back up its maybe a squeak or two a few seconds after putting it up, but when pulling it down its has intermittent squeaks that happen for a few minutes after its been pulled down.

I tried googling and couldn't find any maintenance information like if there was something that needed to be oiled or what not... sounds like the whole thing is self enclosed and not serviceable?

Anyone else had this and know the fix? Or is this just how they slowly die?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just contacted Da-lite and they said unless its a CSR screen (it's not) then they have no idea the issue. :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
maybe a spring that has gotten rusty and sticks a bit, then slides past? Not sure what else it could be - there's not that much to those manual pull-down screens. I'd maybe see if you can lubricate it without getting any stuff on the screen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts