AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Picking a screen is difficult, but try not to get too crazy about it!

We use Da-lite (pull-down) screens at work for presentations, and I bought a Carada BW screen for my HT. While this is clearly not an apples to apples comparison, I'd say that either choice would be good. I, personally, wouldn't spend more than I spent on my Carada.

YMMV.

If you have specific questions, Jason Turk (AVS) and David Giles (Carada) are very willing to help guide your desicion process, without pressuring you at all. I'd highly recommend you contact them both.

You should also read the "Tryg" reviews, if you haven't aready. (just search his name, pick any thread, and click on his sig)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a personal experience, but out of Draper, DaLite and Vutec, I think Vutec have the worst customer service of all three. I emailed all three to get screen samples, and Vutec didn't even replyed to my email. Draper and DaLite responded the same day and had samples shipped to me the same day.

Draper sent 2'x2' samples, DaLite sent rediculous 6"x6" samples. However, when I politely asked DaLite to get bigger samples, they promptly sent me 2'x2' ones.

I just purchased DaLite HCCV from AVS.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fp007
Just a personal experience, but out of Draper, DaLite and Vutec, I think Vutec have the worst customer service of all three.
Have you tried to contact Vutec's resellers/dealers? As per my understanding Vutec prefers to deal with resellers, rather than with end-users. I see reasons for that and don't think this is inappropriate.

I purchased Vutec SilverStar from AVS and had found that Vutec service is very good. I would not wish better resolution of an issue I had. I believe this is mostly because of AVS and personally Jason Turk's efforts, but it is a fact that you may get first-class service from Vutec through it's dealers (at least through one of them - AVS).

Edit: one spelling error was corrected

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,

I received some samples from Carada the other day ( CCW, BW, HCG).

The gray material is just too dark for my pj. Blacks looked good but made the overall picture quite dark as well. At the moment I'm hung up on the other two. I'm waiting for larger samples to get a better feel for them.

I also have Da-Lite sending me some samples as well. I'm hoping to see good results with the HCCV. I'm basically wanting a screen that will last through pj upgrades.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I only have good things to say about Carada Screens, but I think that Dalite screens are very good and worth the money and probably has more types of screens and screen materials than just about anyone out there.

I dont think you will go wrong with either Carada or Dalite but the screen has to fit you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with Carada due to the price and reviews I read on the product. I have nothing but good things to say about the quality of the product and the customer service Carada has. Can't say the others don't have the same cause I haven't tried them.

I personally like companies that are dealing with end-users as it makes me feel like they understand their customers better - and there is always a cost associated with resellers that gets passed on to the buyers.

There are some great reviews on the internet - audioholics.com had a good one comparing stewart, da-lite, and carada. I can't post links cause I am to new but search in google on carada review and you will find it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wildfan30

There are some great reviews on the internet - audioholics.com had a good one comparing stewart, da-lite, and carada. I can't post links cause I am to new but search in google on carada review and you will find it.

Here is the link

http://www.audioholics.com/productre...Review_01.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.