AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these discussions about silver, silver paint, silverstar, etc., I haven't seen any discussions about Da-lite's Silver Matte. Has this silver screen already been discounted by most everyone? Is the gain too low (1.1)? I would like to see if anyone has had experience with this material.

Silver Matte

A uniquely designed screen surface with a specifically designed silver finish. This surface is perfect for situations where a silver surface is necessary for a polarized 3-D projection. The matte finish of this surface successfully rejects ambient light. Screen surface can be cleaned with a mild soap and water solution. Flame retardant and mildew resistant.

Gain: 1.1, Viewing Angle: 30°

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you use the search option with one of the slower search options, you should find some discussion. Basically, people who have seen it say that the blacks look good, but there is some visible texture to the screen that remains stationary during pan scenes. I suspect they are fine for fixed displays like slide shows, but not so great for moving images.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi mackomon,

I actually bought this screen, decided to take a chance on it. Unfortunately I am waiting for my house to be finished being built (T- 3 weeks!!!)

Once I have had a chance to hook up my X-1 and test the screen I will post my impressions. The big concern with this screen seems to be "sparklies". I will let you know what I think.

Rick

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just received my samples from da-lite, the silver matte and silver vision look pretty interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.