AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know how the Da-Lite Wide Power screen material 2.2gain 45 degree viewing angle compares to the High Power 2.4-2.8? I don't see any discussion about this screen fabric. Is it glass bead based? Da-Lite offers it on some of their portable screen line of products..I was thinking about upgrading to the wide power from my matte white screen. My current and future projector purchases will be LED based so brighter screens seem the way to go. Anyone here own and can comment if it's good or not. Does it contain hotspots? Is screen material durable, can it be cleaned. Not much info on Da-Lite website.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
I order samples of what I thought was all the fabrics back when I was looking into the 2.8 HP and they did not provide a sample of this material. It is not like the HP .. that technology can no produce a wide viewing angle. I would contact dalite and ask for a sample if you are interested in that fabric.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After researching this screen and doing the math calculations needed to figure out the foot lamberts, I ended up purchasing this screen, should hopefully arrive in a few days...The only downside is I ordered the 60 inch because the price was too good to pass up and the seller didn't carry the bigger version.Also since I will be sitting closer than I did to my 80inch, it should still be good, plus the image will be much brighter and vivid i am sure the experience will be improved..In the future I think 100 inch will be my next target along with a new projector setup...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My order still has not arrived. It's being shipped from a place just 35 min drive time away from me and yet takes so long.5 days from purchase to be exact....hopefully tomorrow.

Update:

Ok I finally received the screen. I am not sure that the screen is the right one I paid for. After a quick test, the viewing angle seems the same as my old matte white screen...Is the picture supposed to look like a 1.0 gain at angles beyond 45 degree or fade to black? From any angle, dead on to exteme angle the picture looks the same? I'll have to look for a model number it isn't on the box...On a plus side the picture does look smoother..On my older EPSON duet 80inch..I see these little vertical lines all over the screen..I though itwas my projector all along but there are gone now so the old screen was the culprit...I'll have to call Da-Lite tomorow to sort this out..Also there is more sharpness to the picture, It seems to be the smoother surface...The vertical edges do curl abit...I was hoping it would be straight...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wide Power

Wide Power combines the features of a higher gain screen surface of 2.2 with a wider 45 degree viewing angle. The smooth acrylic surface may be cleaned with mild soap and water. Wide Power is only available on the Deluxe Insta-Theater screen and Presenter line.

Gain - 2.2

Viewing Angle - 45°

From Da-Lite website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.