AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome me back to the dark side fellas- after a brief stint of apostacy, I am analog again. Ah, the sweet thoughts of perfect blacks make my heart yearn for that truck that carries my deliverance!

I sold the Panasonic PT-L300u that was briefly my passageway to others worlds of cinematic wonder, and bought the following-

Electrohome ECP-3101 ( upgraded to 07MS tubes with appropriate focus board)

Dalite 92 x 52 high power screen

I have never seen the ECP Electrohomes, so I am a little anxious as to what kind of picture it will throw. I am sure that it will blow the Panasonic 300u away, but am really curious to see how it will stack up to the Sony 1272q and the NEC 6PG I used to own. At the very least it will be much smaller and quieter (which is why I bought it.)

Unfortunately, I am left penniless once again, because of the added investement into the high power screen, KD transcoder, and that extra HD DirecTV box I am trying to sneak in past the powers-that-be.

Wish me luck in my new venture!

Andrew B.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Welcome back, Today, for me, has been full of good news bad news. Now I'll share some with you. Good news. The ECP is fine machine. It's very easy to set up and can provide a great picture. There are many threads on this forum to assist you in your setup. There are as many threads here on how to get more from a ECP. There's a ton of these around so parts and sevice should be of no concern. Many forum members have ECP's. I have two. Bad news. As good as it is and with all the tweaks you can give it, it will never come up th the quality of picture you should have gotten from your 6 PG. My main projector is a NEC 9PG plus and there's no comparison between the two. Back to the good news. Both my ECP's kicked the crap out of my first projector (Sharp LCD). Enjoy...

Chip S.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by stefuel
Welcome back, Today, for me, has been full of good news bad news. Now I'll share some with you. Good news. The ECP is fine machine. It's very easy to set up and can provide a great picture. There are many threads on this forum to assist you in your setup. There are as many threads here on how to get more from a ECP. There's a ton of these around so parts and sevice should be of no concern. Many forum members have ECP's. I have two. Bad news. As good as it is and with all the tweaks you can give it, it will never come up th the quality of picture you should have gotten from your 6 PG. My main projector is a NEC 9PG plus and there's no comparison between the two. Back to the good news. Both my ECP's kicked the crap out of my first projector (Sharp LCD). Enjoy...

Chip S.
I did not expect it to match the NEC. Actually, I helped dial the NEC in for the fellow enthusiast that bought it from me, and it was looking better than ever. It had near perfect tubes, too- making me sick that I sold it to go digital. But it was fairly noisy and large- albeit not near as much on either count as the 1272 I had.

Now, if the ECP can throw an image even equal to the Sony 1272, I will be a happy camper.

Andrew B.

·
Registered
461 Posts
There are many potential dark side users who bought their first crt projectors "used" from ebay or some install. So my suggestion is to get a good picture, the tubes must be replaced and properly get set up. Many had ended up with worn tubes and very poor picture, and easily scared back to the digital camp ground.

The ECP should be a capable machine, but perhaps the 6PG will be better. I have no experience with both machines, except my ECP3100 (pretty good tubes) powered up briefly.

CH Yeow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.