AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all, i'm new to the forum. i have a da4es and i'm trying to match some old (but wonderful) boston acoustics towers (t930's) with a newer boston center. the da4es has many equalization features, but the manual is cryptic (at best). i got the stryke cd and have a rs spl meter. can someone point me towards a source of help. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi litzdog911, is there a tips/tricks post, or some other help available to translate the manual? or can someone give a step by step procedure to navagate the on screen menus to timbre match different speakers? i couldn't find anything specific with a search (here or on google).

also, does anyone here have a preference for one of the sony dsp soundfields (a,b or c) for movies? how about for music. i have a 7.1 system with dipole surrounds on the side and rear(2). thanks.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
... I would play with the soundfields and see if there are any you like. They may sound good at first, but most of them detract from the sound more than they help, IMHO.

They are good for enhancing old stereo-only movies, and can sometimes be fun, but its hard to go wrong with the original format of the source, just crank it up a few more DBs and the original sounds better than the echo-field.

·
Registered
597 Posts
RexCarson has posted in SO many posts, many of which his opinions were not wanted, about the equalization of the 4es. It would appear that he has a pretty good understanding of how to set up the 4es. It is a shame that he has not posted here to give you guys a little help or advice. I guess he would rather sit around and brag about his gear than to help other users.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi rexcarson, in reviewing your posts, it looks like you are an expert on equalization and the da4es. can you suggest an algorithm for timber matching speakers? thanks.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Sheesh, Rex doesn't even post and someone STILL manages to throw a flame his way. This time for not posting. If he had posted, you would have flamed for that. Grow up people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.